Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Nostalgia.


The term nostalgia describes a longing for the past, often in idealized form. The word is made up of two Greek roots (νόστος nostos "returning home", and άλγος algos "pain"), to refer to "the pain a sick person feels because he wishes to return to his native home, and fears never to see it again". It was described as a medical condition, a form of melancholy, in the Early Modern period, and came to be an important topic in Romanticism. - Wikipedia.

This morning, I did. I went back to my old house while jogging. Block 146.

And it brought back images, haunting yet happy. Bittersweet memories. Nostalgia. It's a funny thing.

What you see hear is a path, a cross road, of which was not obstructed by a street soccer court that is now there on the top right hand corner. This road was my cycling area. Me and this guy called Sunny/Sonny (not sure ;p). We used to compete, me on a 4 wheeler and he on a 2. He made me realise that I had to let go of the two wheels in order to keep up. To dare. To be free. And I guess it still applies to me today. Wherever you are dude, I miss you.

This was where I played the Kindergarden sports game of putting the ping-pong ball on a spoon and run across. Enclosed in a small world of our own, under watchful eyes, but mantaining our childlike innocence, pure and unharmed by the world. I have this picture somewhere which shows me and 3 other guys who represented our Kindergarden to take part in a competition. And we got third. Everytime I look at the picture, Nostalgia.

Here lied the old playground where friendships were formed, and laughters were heard. It faded away, the times changed. The world took a different course. Man took a different route. What remained were these stone benches. Which would probably disappear soon too. Sigh.


Ok, I should probably stop this Nostalgia, emoing thing here. LOL.

I met Gwen in the morning after her paper and we went to Parkway Parade. (yes, again, I know.) After walking around, we had LUNCH. AND FINALLY, I TOOK A PICTURE OF MY LUNCH!!!!!! at Sakuraya. where we walked off and nearly forgot to pay. HEE HEE.


And then, choir with the new DSA ppl. while practicing, our conductor said this, and I think it's worthy to become the quote of the day, about our singing.

Conductor - " You cannot take out the flow of the song, it will be music-less. (or something on this line.)
I thought about it being applied to real life. The real meaning of something is really in the flow of it. But the world has caused this to be lost. And now, we are music-less. The search for I and I.

Icebreakers were conducted by XioA Hui, who failed epic-ly. played Double Whacko where I realised Angelica had been purposely aiming me. She refused to take part in Xioa Hui's forfeit of flirting with an ugly girl. LOL. Zerlina took that place instead. ;p ;p ;p. Pass the Parcel too where I got sabo-ed by ANGELICA who told Xioa Hui to stop the music when it was at me. My forfeit? Act as a sexy girl and advertise a Green Tea drink. No, kick. LOL. FINALLY, we TAU POKed THIS GUY as an "ICEBREAKER". how ironic. LOL.

Dinner then at Downtown East at Fish & Co. Express. and I TOOK A PICTURE AGAIN! ;p ;p ;p


Calamari and fries. looks good but the taste is about so-so. The fries tasted like they were either a) oversoaked, or b) overnight. LOL.

well, more outings this week which promises constant updates. ;p till then,
n-joi

No comments: