Wednesday, November 26, 2008

AnApplicableMemoir.

I was listening to a song called "My Curse" yesterday. And I finally found its real meaning. Not only within me, but what I found on the internet. And I have to say. It's one of the saddest yet beautiful songs i've come to realise to date. The following is screencaps from the song. With my own words.

"I stand alone,
Watching you in the wilderness.



Though your hands caress, ever so gently,The memories chooses to stay in a written form.



An emptiness within me as the memories scatter,
An emptiness within these endless matters,
An empty void, with nothing better.



And as I frantically flip through the memories collected,I see your face, broken and shattered.



But, alas, a pleasant one to see,A perfect picture of you. Of you and me."



"My Curse pertains to the theme of dwelling on a passed loved one. The woman in the white dress in the field represents the man in black's life with her when he felt happy and free. The dark study is an embodiment of his depression after her death (To see you again/Dying, inside, these walls/ Dying,inside, these walls), and the books the man flips through throughout the video represent his memories of her. After her death, he dwells on her passing (I strain my eyes, hoping to see you again) and tries to find a way to be with her again (There is love burning to find you / Will you wait for me? / Will you be there?). Ultimately, his memories consume him; however, as his memories finally kill him, he is finally able to reunite with his love (And I see your face). The man's "curse" is that he is trapped in a life where he is unable to be with the woman he loves (This is my curse, the longing / This is my curse, time / This is my curse, the yearning)." - Wikipedia.

Here are the full lyrics of the song.

My Curse - Killswitch Engage

I watched you walk away
Helpless, with nothing to say
I strain my eyes
Hoping to see you again

This is my curse (the longing)
This is my curse (time)
This is my curse (the yearning)
This is my curse

There is love burning to find you
Will you wait for me?
Will you be there?

Your silence haunts me
But still I hunger for you

This is my curse (the wanting)
This is my curse (time)
This is my curse (the needing)
This is my curse

There is love burning to find you
Will you wait for me?

Still I want
And still I ache
But still I wait
To see you again

Dying, inside, these walls.

And I see your face in these tears? In these tears
And I see your face...

There is love.


"And I will wait, and search. Till I find you."

Till the next update,
n-joi

No comments: